- It’s the one year anniversary of me moving back to Canada. It’s rainy and dreary here today, which reminds me of Auckland in the winter. The more time that goes by, the more I miss it. But I’m incredibly happy for my life here in Canada.
- It was Phil’s and my two year anniversary a few weeks ago. I gave him a Smith and Wesson Extraction and Evasion hatchet (nothing says I love you like a murderous, aggressively named weapon). We went for brunch at our favourite breakfast place and then zip-lining at Canada Olympic Park (I like more adrenaline-inducing things, but this was a lot of fun and we’d definitely do it again!).
- I finally procured a new-to-me vehicle. It’s been two years since I had one, which is pretty unbelievable considering how much I love to drive. I bought another 4runner, as I love how durable, trustworthy and practical they are for my lifestyle. I support the import!
- I had my first camping trip of the year last weekend. Phil’s friends took me out to Red Lodge (I think they felt bad that our trip to Nelson, BC had to be cancelled on account of Phil being exiled out-of-town for work. It was a beautiful weekend and they took such great care of me. No burgers and hot dogs for us – some pretty gourmet dishes, they surprised me with coffee in bed and we had dance parties around the campfire.
- My two-month hiatus from work has officially come to an end. Not only did I get one job, but two! I start a full-time technical writing contract next week and I also have a freelance copywriting job on the side. I’m pretty excited. I’ve enjoyed being able to spend more time at my parents’ farm, having day-long Dexter marathons and book-reading sessions and doing pretty much whatever I want, but it’s time to put on my grown-up pants and get me a steady paycheck again.